- New virus?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Sep 23 22:49:15 UTC 2004

Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 16:32, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>>Timothy Payne wrote:
>>
>>>Take a pill Tom, they have a 90% + market share.  I need use windoze too
>>>( between reboots )  How may people have dual boot machines on this
>>>list?
>>
>>My laptop can dual-boot.  None of my other machines have M$ on them.
>>Well, a couple of them did at one time, but no longer!  Really, I've
>>found very, very few things that I can't do under Linux or vmware (or
>>even win4lin).
>

>     Very cool.  What model laptops are they?  I'm told the T40 from IBM
> is completely compatible.  I look to buy one of them, one day.

I'm using a Fujitsu Lifebook C2220.  It's 18 months old or so.  2.4GHz
P4, 512MB RAM, 60GB HD, 1400x1050 display, 10/100Base-T and 802.11b
wireless (Broadcom chipset used under ndiswrapper), DVD/CD-RW, floppy
AND a real, honest-to-gosh serial port (hallelujah!).  It has a farking
winmodem in it that's not supported well.  That's not really a stopper,
as I rarely use modems and have several _real_ modems laying about which
plug into the serial port very nicely when I do need one.

The dual boot has WinXP Pro and FC1 via grub.  I'll be upgrading to FC2
this weekend if I have time after I get the radiator changed out on my
1970 E-Type (grumble, grumble!).

"The British don't build computers because they haven't figured out how
to make them leak oil yet."
-            We look for things.  Things that make us go!            -