Mounting second part of the cdrom

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 04:02:23 UTC 2004

> as soon as I load a CD in tray, an icon pops up in desktop; it
> also has an "Eject..." command that unmount and ejects CD.
> I have not found a way to solve this inconvenience and from now on I
> have worked solely under Gnome. :|

I haven't worked with KDE but I am pretty sure that if you fire up the
analog of gconf-editor for KDE there has to be an option somewhere
just like gconf has for 'magicdev' to automount and/or autorun a CD
once inserted. This can be turned on and off. For example I have it
off because it might interfere with CD or DVD writting by claiming
access on the device while it is busy.