usb camera no longer works

Ben Vitale bsvitale at comcast.net
Sat Sep 25 18:58:26 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

My FujiFilm FinePix A200 digital camera worked just fine under FC1 .. or
I guess kernel 2.4.x. But now under FC2, with kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2, it
doesn't behave the same way.

Previously, when I would plug it in, I could mount /dev/sda1 (or
similar) and copy files from the camera.

Now all I see in /var/log/messages is this:

Sep 24 23:27:59 vandelay kernel: usb 1-3: new full speed USB device
using address 2
Sep 24 23:28:04 vandelay kernel: usb 1-3: control timeout on ep0out

Subsequent plugging and unplugging of the camera produces no new messages.

Can someone provide some direction as to where I should start to
diagnose this problem?

Thanks
Ben