Linux on old laptop

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 21:20:24 UTC 2004

Paul wrote:
> I've never been able to do it and have installed RH/FC on well over 200
> machines. The bottom enders have always flumped me.

Robert Locke replied:

Paul said:
> Been there, seen it done it, failed.

The one tip I'd give is that installing on low-RAM machines needs lots
of swap: last time I tried, I needed at least 160 MB. Try again with
more swap.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Barry takes frequent long walks in the country,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | although that's not strictly a hobby...