limit processor usage by %

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 27 06:29:13 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 01:29:49PM -0300, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:
> Jim Higson wrote:
> >On Sunday 26 September 2004 16:14, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:
> >

> >Ah, you're on a laptop! Have you tried athcool et al? (if you have an
> >athlon that is)
> >

> Btw, I'm having problems with cpu throttling.
> /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/info says I don't have throttling :(

> What can I do?

Do you have the source for the emulator.
It is possible to add some code that  schedules
an interrupt event  and then does a nanosleep().

You indicated that this is an interpreter.
Well so is the shell (bash).

Bash and many other tools block on input and do
nothing until there is work.  Why is this code
using so many cycles.

If you find the busy loop you could insert a nanosleep()
to tone it down.

So if you do not have acpi throttling in an opensource world look at
the application to see how to fix things.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Me, I would "Rather" Not.