PINE not included in FC2?

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Mon Sep 27 21:35:05 UTC 2004

Greetings Filippos ,

Filippos Klironomos wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>  something that I am curious about. I had installed PINE on my RH9
> system and noticed that it didn't survive the FC2 upgrade. Is there a
> specific reason for that?
>
> apt-get install pine
>
> does not find anything. I haven't tried 'yum' yet since I installed it
> last night.

Well i have always enjoyed getting the last tarball from the Washinghton
University ( i have bookmarked the Web Page of Pine ) and installing it.
Apart from a couple of links to be added in the top level directory
there is nothing more to do and the whole thing is quite straight
forward. Other than that the Dag repository is another pretty good
option.You can use either without fear, they will both work .
I currently have mozilla 1.7.3 and pine 4.61 on an FC1 machine .

> Thanks
> Filippos

Kind Regards,
   Kostas