latest cdrecord problem status

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Tue Sep 28 22:34:03 UTC 2004

Leonid Mamchenkov wrote:
> Dear Clint Harshaw,
>
> Once you wrote about "Re: latest cdrecord problem status":
>
>>k3b is very intuitive and does a nice job burning cds with a minimum of
>>fuss.
>

> Since you are at that, can you please point me to the option which will
> force k3b to recognize ISO9660 image and write it to CDs as
> filesystem, not as single file.
>
> cdrecord does it out of the box, but k3b seems to be different in this
> regard.
>
> TIA.

Sure -- here are the instructions that will get k3b to burn an iso for you:

Suppose you have an iso named blah.iso in a directory.

1. Start k3b
2. Click on Tools -> CD -> Burn CD Image
3. In the Image to Burn section, browse to the directory containing
blah.iso.
4. Select blah.iso
5. Click on burn

You're all set!

One thing I have noticed about k3b, is that when you select the Burn CD
Image option, it will go to the location of the first .iso that you
burned, and immediately start the md5 check. You have to manually browse
to the next cd to burn each time, and interupt the check. There probably
is a setting to change that will remedy this, but it's only a mild
annoyance, and not a headache.

Hope this helps,
Clint