ssh & port 22 problem

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Wed Sep 29 04:22:38 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 20:50, Stuart Sears wrote:
> On Mon 27 September 2004 18:50, Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> > Greetings!
> >
> >  When I try to connect from a remote machine to my one at home
> > using ssh I get the error message "ssh: connect to host 64.146.133.1 port
> > 22: Connection refused" -- but using ssh in the outgoing direction (i.e.
This is common on every system I have ever loaded  with FC2
your iptables are blocking the connection
you can do one of the following:
iptables -A INPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 22 - j ACCEPT
or plonk this line into your /etc/sysconfig/iptables
-A INPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 22 - j ACCEPT

should work,

Oh yes I also took out the REDHAT firewall entrie as I dont have a clue as to
how to work with it.

Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician
Cert Number: 603004708291270