Xine Playback Choppy

Todd Johnson todd at toddejohnson.net
Fri Apr 1 00:24:30 UTC 2005

I have an Inspiron 6000 with fedora core 3 kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC3.  I
have researched playing dvd's with xine and i ran the xine testing app.
It tells me that dma is disabled.  I cannot re-enable dma.  I posted to
the dell forums about problems playing dvd's.  A SuSE guy replied and
said the latest kernel changed the pata drive from /dev/hdc to
/dev/sdc0.  At notebookforums they say they "unblacklisted CD/DVDs from
the libsata code."  I was hoping for a way to fix this problem. Any help
or ideas appreciated.

dell post:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_linux&message.id=5969

notebookforums: http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?p=765582#post765582