FC 3 and Sony Clie SL10/U

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 1 06:19:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 00:00 -0500, Lorn Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 10:21 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>

> > > Thanks for the help, it works now with KPilot, but intermittantly.
> > > Sometimes it connects, other times it doesn't.  While I could live with
> > > this, I would rather not.  It still beats using windows though...
> > >
> > ----
> > ok - assuming that you have no other USB devices connected...
> >
> > when at rest (not syncing)
> >
> > ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot
> >
> > should return nothing - they don't exist
> returns nothing
> >
> > when you press the sync button
> >
> > ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot
> >
> returns /dev/pilot.  I didn't symlink ttyUSBx
>
> It seems that I have to reset in Kpilot to get it to work, almost like
> it hasn't checked to see if /dev/pilot exists.  Does Kpilot have to
> check to see if /dev/pilot exists or does the O.S. tell Kpilot
> when /dev/pilot exists?
----
I don't use KPilot - I use Gnome and Evolution

I would presume that KPilot has a loop that looks periodically for
presence of /dev/pilot and upon finding it, then begins communication.

I honestly don't know what you mean by having to 'reset' Kpilot to get
it to work. Perhaps there is a bugzilla entry about Kpilot not working
as expected.

Craig