Notes on a Fedora Core 3 fresh installation

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Fri Apr 1 10:09:09 UTC 2005

Due to  unrecoverable errors on the file system (at least I didn't know
how to manage it, a separate message this afternoon) after a system
crash, I re-installed Fedora Core 3 on my old system.
1) during the graphical installation the screen went blank when the CD
feeding started and never came back during installation even moving
mouse or touching keyboard, but I could manage the installation by
changing from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3 CD.First time I experience this
behaviour. Any clue???
2) after re-installation and transfer of the same configuration files
(same iptables, samba) from my back-up machine, magically the Network
Server started to work and now I can surf any shared Windows folder on
other PCs.Any clue???

--
 Antonio
Mail by Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 Websurfing by Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1