device icons on the desktop

Manojav Sridhar manojav at manojav.com
Fri Apr 1 15:40:52 UTC 2005

hello,

 i recently upgraded to Kde 3.4 w/ hal/dbus support. my question is that
when i plug in certain devices i get a device icon on my desktop like my
Sony digital (usb) camera. but when i plug in my Rio Forge. it doesn't
create an icon for me. i am guessing the Rio device has not been setup
to show the icon.

where is the file the describes what devices popup on my desktop and
which ones dont.

both of them mount properly in /media/FORGE and /media/usbdisk (for the
camera). i have posted this on the kde list as well.

thanks
manojav

FC3, clean install, upgraded to KDE 3.4