Linux Books

Manny kcmanny at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 22:37:11 UTC 2005

On Mar 27, 2005 6:13 PM, Ferguson, Michael <ferguson at brvmlaw.com> wrote:
> The truch is that any Linux book will teach you something.

I agree with Mr. Ferguson on this one here. I've purchased several
books in the past on LINUX and up until now I'm very reluctant to
continue on doing so only because you can get so much help on message
boards and other places like linux.com or linux documentation site,
tldp.org. I'll also do a lil research on the exact content of the book
before I buy it as many are getting pretty $$$, and if it covers what
I'm looking for more than likely I'll buy it.

> As you progress in your knowledge and understanding, you will find, like
> I did, that other books will help you to better understand certain
> different parts of the Linux world and your impelemtation. You will
> probably purchase many other Linux related books.... PHP, MYSQL, APACHE,
> SENDMAIL, etc, etc,

This is also very true. The more you read the different books the more
you'll understand different parts of the LINUX world. I've already
purcharsed in several books this year and have others stashed from
previous years. Once you being to pick it up, you will begin to
realize that the "UNLEASHED" and "BIBLE" cover only so much. You will
eventually purchase more books in the near future to get more in depth
knowledge of other things such as PHP, MYSQL, Apache, Postfix, Samba,
etc, etc.