I cannot boot Linux !!!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 3 16:17:28 UTC 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 08:50, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
[...]
>=== X windows:
> You'd better sit down.
> Don't laugh.  It could be YOUR thesis project.
> Why do it right when you can do it wrong?
> Live the nightmare.
> Our bugs run faster.
> When it absolutely, positively HAS to crash overnight.
> There ARE no rules.
> You'll wish we were kidding.
> Everything you never wanted in a window system.  And more.
> Dissatisfaction guaranteed.
> There's got to be a better way.
> The next best thing to keypunching.
> Leave the thrashing to us.
> We wrote the book on core dumps.
> Even your dog won't like it.
> More than enough rope.
> Garbage at your fingertips.
>
>Incompatibility.  Shoddiness.  Uselessness.
> X windows.
With all due respect, thats one persons opinion, and based on my
experience, the result of bad hardware.  Run it on hardware recovered
from the trashbin and it likely will run exactly as it was running
when it went into the trashbin, because it was running like that.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)