missing dependency php

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Apr 3 23:36:00 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 15:23 -0700, kate wrote:
> Craig, thanks-
>
> --- Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 14:03 -0700, kate wrote:
> > > While attempting to run yum, I am unable to
> > resolve
> > > dependency for php
> > >
> > > I have 2.6.10-1.770_FC3
> > > and php *is* installed
> > > # rpm -qa php
> > > php-4.3.9-3
> > >
> > > When I try yum update
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: php is needed by
> > package
> > > php-ldap
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: php is needed by
> > package
> > > php-pear
> > > [root at fulham ~]# yum install php
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: php is needed by
> > package
> > > php-ldap
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: php is needed by
> > package
> > > php-pear
> > >
> > > I have php and cannot figure out why uupdate
> > doesn't
> > > work... What am I missing? Any help appreciated,
> > ----
> > what do you get ?
> >
> > rpm -qa|grep php
> >
> > ls -l /etc/yum.repos.d
> >
> > cat /etc/yum.conf
> >
> > Craig
> > $ rpm -qa|grep php
> php-pear-4.3.9-3
> php-pear-4.3.10-3.2
> php-4.3.9-3
> php-ldap-4.3.9-3
> php-ldap-4.3.10-3.2
----
wow - that's ugly - wonder how that happened?

I would clean up here...

rpm -e --allmatches php php-pear php-ldap

I don't know if you are going to get an error revolving around other
things that depend upon php.

If you can get that done...

then rpm -qa|grep php

should return an empty response

then a simple

yum install php php-pear php-ldap

should get you where you wanted

if that doesn't work, post up what the
rpm -e --allmatches php php-pear php-ldap
spits out

Craig