missing dependency php

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Apr 4 02:18:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 19:03 -0700, Kam Leo wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2005 5:36 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 17:15 -0700, kate wrote:

> > > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: openoffice.org is needed by
> > > package openoffice.org-i18n
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: system-config-printer is
> > > needed by package system-config-printer-gui
> > >
> > > I'll try the same syntax for oppenoffice.org and
> > > system-config...

> You might consider installing a GUI based package manager such as
> smart or synaptic (requires apt). The GUI will provide faster feedback
> for all install packages as well as packages you plan to install.  You
> can get these from the DAG repo.
----
she's got a problem with multiple versions of the same packages.

I know that installing apt pointing to an entirely different repository
isn't going to help this problem.

I don't know how smart would react to it and thus, I would never suggest
this to her as a solution.

If you 'know' that smart can fix this problem - then by all means, let
us know.

If you don't know that smart can fix this problem, would you suggest
that your advice give above might not be the proper advice to give to
her?

Craig