[FC3] Sites 'disappearing' from DNS

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Mon Apr 4 21:01:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 07:14 -0400, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> Do any other browsers have this problem?

    Well, I've tried Galeon, but it wasn't for long...I might have to
try something along those lines.

> I haven't seen any of the IPv6 firefox issues mentioned lately, but have
> you turned off IPv6?  IIRC firefox had issues timing out DNS lookups via
> IPv6, before trying IPv4.
>
> add:
>
> alias net-pf-10 off
>
> To /etc/modprobe.conf, unfortunately you'll have to reboot to get it to
> take affect.

    Unfortunately it's already there; I was hoping you'd have an answer;
oh,well- the hunt goes on.  :)

    Thanks for your effort!

--
Those who entrust life and limb to Microsoft deserve neither. -Me, 2005
Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad