AW: AW: RAID greater than 2TB on Fedora Core 3

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Apr 4 21:07:23 UTC 2005

Masopust Christian wrote:

> hello rick,

Hi!  At the risk of starting another flame war, Christian, we prefer
bottom-posting here on the list.

> first thanks a lot for this detailed explaination!

You know me...I'm nothing if not bombastic!  :-)

> but (maybe stupid...), if it's possible to configure
> the blocksize of my raid, it should be possible to access
> greater raids than 2TB, right?

Uhm, hmmm.  Good question.  I've never tried it.  I don't know if the
mkfs utilities query the block size of the device to set up their inode
tables or not (I'd have though that they'd have to).  I suppose you
could give it a whirl and find out.

If you try it, let me know, willya?  I don't have any equipment handy at
the moment that I can sacrifice for an experiment (all our equipment is
busy right now and all my money is tied up in debts!)

-   To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.    -