Fedoraforum.org is now official?

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 06:39:09 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 11:15 PM, Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 22:07 -0400, David Curry wrote:
> > I thoroughly disagree with the notion that the decision to adopt
> > Fedoraforum.org as a vehicle was unilateral or done without consultation.
> >

> I don't. I agree with that. I would welcome some insight as to how you
> feel that decision was bi- or multi-lateral, or how the *users* were
> consulted.

Right. There was no consultation.

> > There was a rather extensive discussion several weeks back of the
> > desirability of moving to a web interface for endusers.  I found it an
> > appalling idea at the time as list exchanges suggested to me that those
> > subscribers possessing the technical skills to really help out endusers
> > would be unlikely to populate the web interface subscriber group.  I was
> > also concerned by the general tone from many of the thread participants
> > that endusers were really not welcome on fedora-list.
> >

> May I ask where this discussion was held? I read darn near all of this
> mailing list, and I particularly care about threads like that one, and I
> do not recall much support for webfora on this list at all.

The discussion was held here, on this list. See:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&w=2&r=1&s=under+threat&q=b

However, the common sense there was that most people *did not* want to
move to web fora.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680