xinetd.d listening twice on port 69

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Wed Apr 6 07:59:22 UTC 2005

Andy Green wrote:

Hi All,

well, well, well, think I may have found the culprit,

[root at localhost tftp]# cat /etc/xinetd.conf
#
# Simple configuration file for xinetd
#
# Some defaults, and include /etc/xinetd.d/

defaults
{
        instances               = 60
        log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv
        log_on_success          = HOST PID
        log_on_failure          = HOST
        cps                     = 25 30
}

includedir /etc/xinetd.d

service tftp
{
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol        = udp
        wait            = yes
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/bin/tftp
        server_args     = -c -s /tftpboot
        disable         = no
        per_source      = 11
        cps             = 100 2
}
 Ok, now, how does that get there..? I certainly didn't put it there. Is
it put there by default by another process..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.