Someone tell this dude...

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:42:53 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 11:06 PM, micheal <sundance at sundanceloki.com> wrote:
> Just for fun I wonder what would happen if two accounts with the same
> set up would e-mail each other,  Would they challenge each other into
> oblivion?

That would depend on which challenge/response system you are using.
TMDA won't do that because it injects an "X" header into the message,
and will check for the existence of that header before processing it.
So if you send a message from a TMDA enabled account to another TMDA
enabled account, the recipient will send a challenge message back to
you, but your TMDA is smart enough to know that it was a challenge
message and will not bounce another challenge back again.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)