Apache problems on FC3?

Matthew Benjamin msbenjamin at fedex.com
Thu Apr 7 20:26:08 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 12:51 PM, Matthew Benjamin <msbenjamin at fedex.com> wrote:
> Has anyone noticed the inability to run cgi or Perl scripts
> successfully via a web page hosted by Apache on FC3. Example: I have a

> script that ultimately creates a file on the server and stores it in a

> directory however I am unable to accomplish this. I have set the
> permissions to 755 775 and 777 to no avail. It works fine on my FC1
> server, any ideas?

Perhaps the problem is not that you are having permission problems with
getting the script to execute, but that you might have permission
problems writing the file. What directory are you trying to save the
file in? What are the permissions on that directory? Who owns that
directory? Do you have SELinux enabled?

--

This is the problem SELinux had to be changed. I however I guess I had
to restart the daemon (didn't know how to ) so I rebooted. Thank you all

mB.