printing to Novell printer from Fedora 2

Olga Urban olga at urbantimes.net
Thu Apr 7 21:47:10 UTC 2005

> Am Do, den 07.04.2005 schrieb Olga Urban um 19:55:
>
>> I would like to print to our Novell printer from my Fedora 2 box. I have
>> installed ncpfs package and set up the printer, but the print jobs I
>> sent
>> just sit in the queue and nothing is printing.
>
>> Olga
>
> "Novell printer" is not very specific. You will have to tell us how it
> is really configured. Current Novell uses IPP, very old Novell used
> bindary objects.
>
> Alexander

I was able to figure it out. It works now as an NCP printer setup. I am
able to print in English fine, but a page that contained Cyrillic had
garbled characters where text was supposed to be. Why is this happening (I
know I can print in Cyrillic to that printer from Windows)? What do I need
to configure? Thank you.