Questions concerning Security Log

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:44:31 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 10:33 AM, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 22:57 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> Please don't send replies to me *and* the list; I read the list and
> don't need two copies of replies.

I will pay more attention to the 'To' field in gmail. I was aware that
it does not always behave the way I would expect.

> You have an ssh server listening but it does not appear to be the Fedora
> openssh server, since the RPM is not installed. Normally I would expect
> someone running a non-standard server to know about it...

My panicy self does not like to hear that....

> What's in your /etc/rc.d/init.d directory? Anything relating to sshd or
> sshd? If you'd got an initscript there, try figuring out which package
> (if any) it came from:
>
> $ cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
> $ rpm -qf *ssh*

I got:
openssh-server-3.9p1-8.0.1

I wonder why that didn't return anything before? Going through the (up
arrow) history, it looks like I typed it in correctly.

Dotan Cohen

http://Music-Lyriks.com/
http://TerribleLyrics.com/