Help: FC3 is not properly recognize my HD

SPS Khokhar simrat.khokhar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:37:33 UTC 2005

hi!
i h'v win XP and i want to install FC3. i have 5 patitions on my hard
disk and i want to install fc3 in E: drive

But when try to install fc3,
1. boot my pc through fc3 disk 1, select country
2. when after selecting language i press "next" button, instead of
asking "upgradation or new install option", a bug windows popup, after
ignoring it another bug window popup. Following are the descriptions:-

first bug: Assertion (head >0) at disk_dos.c: 485 in function
probe_partiton_for_geom( ) failed.

second bud: Assertion (sector<=63) at disk_dos.c: 490 in function
probe_partiton_for_geom( ) failed.

On my hard disk it is printed: LBA  78, 242, 976

After ignoring the 2nd bug installation sends kill signal and it stops
abnormally......i couldn't install fc3......... Please someone help
me.....

--
Simrat