Someone tell this dude...

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 22:40:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 10:42, David Hoffman wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2005 11:06 PM, micheal <sundance at sundanceloki.com> wrote:
> > Just for fun I wonder what would happen if two accounts with the same
> > set up would e-mail each other,  Would they challenge each other into
> > oblivion?
>
> That would depend on which challenge/response system you are using.
> TMDA won't do that because it injects an "X" header into the message,
> and will check for the existence of that header before processing it.
> So if you send a message from a TMDA enabled account to another TMDA
> enabled account, the recipient will send a challenge message back to
> you, but your TMDA is smart enough to know that it was a challenge
> message and will not bounce another challenge back again.

And it lets the "challenge" message go through?

Seems like a spammer interested in reaching out to people using TMDA
would then just add the appropriate X header to the spam message which
should allow it to get through undetected.

:)

Seems like an easily circumscribed system.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Booze is the answer.  I don't remember the question.