To download or not to download that is the question!

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 03:14:40 UTC 2005

john brennan-sardou wrote:
> hello everybody,
>                      I have just seen on the redhat site that fc4 test 2
> will come out on the eleventh of April. Is this on schedule? Just wat to
> know because I am at the moment downloading test one on the torrent!! It
> might just well be a waste of time. Do I make the dvd or do I wait?
> Thanks very much. John Brennan-Sardou.

Since there were a lot of improvements from the release of FC4T1 to
present time, it would be best to wait and download the second phase.
GDM and firstboot were noted problems encountered during installing
FC4T1. I have what is probably close to what FC4T2 will be and it seems
to be fairly stable.
You would need to download so many upgrades, it would be like
downloading the FC4T2 discs anyway. (a lot of packages would need updated.)

Jim

--
Johnson's law:
	Systems resemble the organizations that create them.