intelligent iptables gui's

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 19:12:42 UTC 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 2:05 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> >On your BEFSR41, go to the Forwarding Tab, at the bottom of the
> >screen, do you see two buttons for Triggering and UPNP? Take a look
> > at those screens.
> >
> >--
> I see those.  Under upnp, nothing is enabled (but it all seems to
> work).  And the triggering screens data is all blank, as in disabled.
>
> Should I be done something there?

You mentioned that you were looking for the page where you could
identify single ports to be forwarded.

I'm not sure that it relates to true UPNP, but the settings on that
page have worked great for me for a long time. If you want to enable a
single port to be forwarded to your linux machine, select which port
you want to forward, set TCP or UDP, set the IP Address of the
internal machine you want to forward it to, and turn on the Enable
check box.

You could also do it on the port range screen, exactly the same way,
by setting the same start and end port number.

On my BEFSR41, there were about 10 services and associated port
numbers already listed on the UPNP screen, and there are some other
single port services that I added to the bottom of my list.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)