Firewall/VPN recommendations for small business -- Astaro??

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Wed Apr 13 17:16:46 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 11:03, Nick Phillips wrote:
> Thanks for the recommendations so far! I actually forgot to include Astaro
> on my original list -- does anyone have any experience with this company?
> The reviews look very positive, and the price is incredible -- which makes
> me wonder what the catch is....

> Since your a fan of iptables, I would strongly suggest you look at the
> Astaro product line at http://www.astaro.com You won't find a better
> product for the price

I've been using their software for a home network for 3 years now. I rarely
have to touch the system. It runs updates automatically for me and setting up
M$ style VPN access is a snap. Every once in a while I get recurring mail
messages from the firewall indicating "too much memory for a single process".
A reboot of the firewall corrects it though. This happens about once a year -
maybe it's due to my version?