BUG: check your ntpd, it may be dead

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:30:37 UTC 2005

On 4/14/05, Christofer C. Bell <christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the (inconsistent) behavior that I'm seeing.  It fails to
> remain running more often than not, but running "service ntpd restart"
> then checking with "service ntpd status" over and over will eventually
> get it running.

As an update, since I was able to get ntpd running yesterday at the
time I wrote my previous reply, it's continued to run without issue.
Wherever the bug is, it seems that it's only affecting the startup of
ntpd, and not the operation.

Is anyone else having issues with the *operation* of ntpd, where it
will crash once it's confirmed to already be running?  Or are all the
issues being related here all start-up related?

--
Chris

() ASCII Ribbon Campaign!
/\ Say NO to HTML in Mail and News!