What is the official/semi-official positon of Fedora on KDE?

jeff lee fedora at jlee.fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 16 05:43:58 UTC 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 13:00, Claude Jones wrote:

> My simple question is, has someone figured out the improvements in the
> new KDE vs. the current version. This thread is not about FC4 - I
> mentioned it in passing to refer to how I'd happenned to experiment with
> the new KDE. Many are running the new KDE under FC3, and are praising it
> greatly. I'm just curious what it is they like about it.

The long list of improvements:

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-3.4.php

My greatest find in kde 3.4 has been the improvements in the kde-pim package
and kontact.  Kmail works a lot faster and aKregator (RSS aggregator) is
built into kontact now.  Kgpg is also a lot more useful.  One note though,
I'm using the kde-redhat packages, which have a lot fewer redhat
modifications and stick more closely to the official kde.

Jeff Lee