new instal on A64

Slava Bizyayev vyacheslav.bizyayev at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 17 01:02:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 18:01, Andrew Richards wrote:
> I'm new to Linux and have attempted to instal FC3 on my computer, a
> s754 2800+ on an Asus K8N (NF2 250) with a Seagate SATA 80GB drive.

I had some problems with Linux installation on ASUS about 3 years ago. I
finally succeeded after turning off some auto-detections in BIOS. I
recall so-called 'plug-and-play' devices. Those are purely Windows
requirements, and Linux detects everything independently anyway. I
submitted my findings to ASUS at that time since they were planning to
support Linux...

Hope this helps,
Slava
http://www.lastmileisp.com/