Radio Station sites that don't require windows spyware

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Tue Apr 19 16:31:20 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 09:26, Mark Haney wrote:
> Neal Wilkinson wrote:
> > Just about all the radio I used to listen to in Windows was on
> > StreamAudio.com but they now require a piece of Windows spyware to be
> > installed to listen there. Do any of you have any recommendations for
> > radio that just let you listen without eavesdropping?
>
> Yep, streamtuner works great.

I've found that I can use RealPlayer to listen to any station at
http://www.live365.com, even after I've used Adblock to block all the ads and
denied all cookies from the site.  My local NPR station also broadcasts a
stream that I can listen to with RP.  Helix doesn't seem to do the job,
though.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com