Firefox crash

Calvin Austin caustin at spikesource.com
Wed Apr 20 01:17:47 UTC 2005

I would suggest testing with 5.0_02. You can set JAVA_PLUGIN_TRACE=1 in
your environment and should get some diagnostics in a file created in
your home directory.

In my time I have seen everything from real Java plugin bugs , to
X/X11/Driver bugs to Firefox/mozilla bugs. The JVM will also try and
create a core file and stack trace if it can, and really tries hard in
5.0 to give some diagnostics.

Why is the Java plugin more fragile? Well unlike some plugins Java is
running as its desktop window aware application but using the canvas
from firefox itself. One day I'll write down why Java (mistakenly)
wanted to know about the desktop.

regards
calvin