dhcp evils

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Apr 20 05:53:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Brian Gaynor wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 23:21 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > Anyone out there which FC3 and dhclient that will tell us
> > whether you have a dhclient.conf?
>
> My laptop has a single line I added to dhclient.conf:
>
> 	send host-name "canis";

Did you initally have a dhclient.conf?
If so, was it empty?

send host-name "myname";

won't do what I want.
I want to restore the status quo ante and figure
out why the status quo ante isn't the status quo.
The status ante produced a hostname that that
was obviously derived from the cuurrent IP address.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death