SICK OF STUPID OWNERSHIP RULES!!

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Apr 20 15:59:29 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 08:54, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 08:46:59AM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> > Then Windows is the OS for you.  *nix systems have ownership rules.
> >  There's
>
> That is, Windows before NT/2k/XP -- the DOS-based stuff like Windows 95.
> Even Microsoft knows this is a good idea.

Good point; though it's been so poorly implemented in 2K and XP that I keep
forgetting it's there.  I haven't been able to get a single 2K or XP machine
working properly under a non-admin account, so I haven't even tried for a
couple of months.  But I'm much happier with Linux and its ownership rules
anyway.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com