apache / php / mysql

Calvin Austin caustin at spikesource.com
Wed Apr 20 16:56:00 UTC 2005

Touriste wrote:

>>Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>>Am Mi, den 20.04.2005 schrieb Touriste um 14:23:
>>

>>>For futur problems like this :
>>>
>>>in the terminal :
>>>
>>>chmod 755 -R /var/www/html
>>>

>>Sorry, that is a "nonsense" advise. Legitimate could be
>>
>>find /var/www/html -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755
>>find /var/www/html -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644
>>
>>It is not wise to give all files execute permissions.
>>
>>Alexander
>>

>>--
>>Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG http://pgp.mit.edu 0xB366A773
>>legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html
>>Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
>>Serendipity 14:36:04 up 8 days, 11:16, load average: 0.38, 0.19, 0.18
>>

>Ok I'll do that.
>
>I'm a newbie :)
>
>What happens concretely when you do in the terminal ?
>http_proxy=http://ip_proxy;port
>export http_proxy
>
>Thx !

<plug mode on>btw if anyone else is really new to installing and
configuring apache/mysql/php or even J2EE app servers and don't want to
mess around trying to work out why it doesn't work we have a
preconfigured and tested open source download that you can run sandboxed
on your machine. It works under selinux and can also be chrooted. You
will have a tested site running in no time <plug mode off>

http://www.spikesource.com/sitemgr/downloads.php

sourcelabs and gluecode offer downloads as well

regards
calvin