sick of stupid ownership rules!!

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Apr 20 17:19:29 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 10:00, John L. Pierce wrote:
> Richard, use an nfs share and mount it with something like the
> following:
>
> musicserver:/shared/directory  /mount/point
> nfsrsize=32768,wsize=32768,auto,soft  0 0
>
> This will greatly increase the performance throughput.

Thanks for the tip.  However, the idea was that my music server would be
directly accessible by my Wife's WinXP laptop in addition to my Linux
computers.  I tried setting it up as an NFS share originally, but I don't
think it worked when I tried to access it from Windows.  Maybe I did
something wrong?

I've also tried to get at my music files using Juk via Fish so that I can
tighten down the security there, but Juk doesn't seem to like that.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com