up2date service not working?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 13:12:24 UTC 2005

Hi

>> have you tried using yum ?. Its probably better to use that to get
>> your system update while investigating the problem with up2date
>>
> It's my understanding that, as FC3 is shipped, up2date and yum both
> use the same repo list, in yum.cfg.

If you mean to suggest that they use the same repositories it is true
but up2date users /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources  and not the yum
configuration file however there are instances where one tool fails to
work while the other one does for various reasons. Your other
suggestions are something worth trying

regards
Rahul