How to create a driver disk?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Apr 25 12:11:26 UTC 2005

Schlueri wrote:

> i want install FC3 on a HDD @ ITE8212 ide-controller. Now i've found
> that i must build a driver disk for the installation kernel 2.6.9-1.667
> and boot the installation with 'linux dd'.
>
> I've searched around but can't find how i build a driver disk/cd
> containing iteraid-modul. Can someone help?

I don't know of any "official" documentation on driver disks for
2.6-kernel based systems. All I can do is point you at the structure of
a driver disk I made myself to use an Advansys SCSI controller.

See:
http://listman.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2004-August/msg00051.html

Driver disks don't work on FC2 due to an anaconda bug but the structure
shown in that post for FC2 works OK in FC3, albeit with the 2.6.9-1.667
kernel that you already know about.

Paul.