installer hdlist

graham boyd graham.boyd at appliedgenerics.com
Mon Apr 25 16:01:05 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

> Actually, comps.xml is what you want -- that's where the group is actually
> defined. Any xml-processing tool should help you.

The thing that made me think comps.xml wasn't what I wanted was the fact
that it doesn't list everything I expected. I've actually got a perl
script that'll parse comps.xml and spit out the packages.

@base expands to two groups, @core and @dialup, and from those two I get
a list of RPMs. Here's the thing, that list of RPMs has dependancies
that aren't listed in comps.xml. comps.xml doesn't list 'grep' for example.

Doesn't hdlist list the dependancies for every package so that the
installer doesn't have to go through every individual RPM itself to get
this information?

graham