Yum -clean all........is that a bad thing?

Thiago Amaury Ferraz tferraz at romi.com.br
Mon Apr 25 18:40:41 UTC 2005

You can try:
yum check-update

You must have configured your /etc/yum.repos.d/ file.. to right repository..

TAF

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:58:16 -0400
From: Neal Wilkinson <forums.lists at comcast.net>
Subject: Yum -clean all........is that a bad thing?
To: Fedora List <fedora-list at redhat.com>

In an effort to keep things neat I noticed this option and ran it. Now
however when I go to get and update then I get the message (No Packages
marked for Update/Obsoletion). Up2date says there are 4 available. I
normally check for updates with it and then apply them with yum. So have
I screwed up what Yum knows about the system by doing a -clean all? If
so how do I repair it?