Connecting to a Win Computer with Samba

John Moore (Linux Server) database1 at qualitycareforchildren.org
Wed Apr 27 19:36:43 UTC 2005

I am having the same problem.  I have shut off the IPTABLES process so I
assume IPTABLES is not active.  I can setup printers on our Win2000
network from the FC3 box, so SAMBA is active.  What I want to accomplish
is to access FC3 shares (directories) FROM a Win2000 client.  I --
ironically -- was able to do so with no difficulty when I used RH9.
Just when into Windows explorer, clicked on My Network Places, and saw
the name of the RH9 box.  I can see the FC3 box, I just can access
anything in it from Win2000.  If need be, I can use Putty but would like
this to be much easier (as in, dragging / dropping files from Win2000 to
FC3 and vice-versa).

Any help on this issue would be appreciated!

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 13:11 -0500, Basil Copeland wrote:

> > I am too having this problem my network consists of Windows XP.I can
> > see the linux shares from Windows but not the windows share from the
> > Linux.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciate.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
>
> Do you have IPTABLES blocking the ports needed by smb?
>
> Basil

John Moore
Manager, IS
Quality Care for Children