brute force ssh attack

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Wed Apr 27 21:29:13 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 11:56 am, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote
snip

> > Is anyone interested in log-files or in the programs
> > which the hackers installed under daikanyama?
>
> I don't see why.  In most probability, they installed some robots that
> can be controlled from IRC, that would enable them to perform DDoS using
> your machine (and dozens or hundreds of other machines).
>
> --
> Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic at pbl.ca>    Pollard Banknote Limited
> Systems Administrator                           1499 Buffalo Place
> Tel: (204) 474-2323 ext 276                     Winnipeg, MB  R3T 1L7

When I installed linux 7.3 on my first internet machine, I visited a Brazilian
black hat site and was hacked before the page was fully loaded.  I shut down
reformatted using msdos then linux and reloaded. Most viruses and trojans
only work on a single O.S.

I suggest you do the same (reformat and reload).

Don't play with a corrupted machine, there are those who crack computers that
are better then most expreianced Sys Ads and Sys security people.  It is a
constant war.

--
John H Ludwig

Common sense is so rare, why do they call it common!!!

Manual customization of this file is not recommended,
BUT WILL BE DONE!!!