Xine vs. Mplayer

Charles Malespin charles.malespin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 04:36:09 UTC 2005

Hi all,
   I am pretty new to FC3 and am have a question about video players.  I
am currently using Xine and it works ok, but I cant play wvm videos
among other little problems I have with it.  I saw that Mplayer does
play wvm videos and I wanna give it a try.  Is one better than the
other, or is it just personal pref?  I currently have Firefox using Xine
to open video links, how do I go in and make Mplayer my default video
viewer(please try and make it as easy as possible for a noob...) and is
there anything that I lose by switching to Mplayer?  Do I need to get
rid of Xine from my computer, and if so how(again simple please, I am
having trouble locating files and which files are what still..)?
Thanks in advance!
Charles