Fedora SMP dual core, dual AMD 64 processor system

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Aug 16 17:09:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Richard Emberson wrote:

> I am interested in building a Fedora SMP dual core, dual AMD 64 bit processor
> system
> with, say, 8 Gb of memory which will serve as my development work station.
>
> Is there a site that lists such systems/boards known to work with FC4 smp?
> and/or
> does this community have any recommendations?

No motherboard vendor currently selling opteron workstation boards isn't
mindful of the linux market. I haven't had access to a board with the
nvidia nforce-pro 2200/2050 yet, but tyan claims the k8we is support by
rhel-3 and 4 so that probably is fine as well. I have tyan msi and and
riowrks boards all based on amd chipset components deployed and have been
happy with most of them.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu