FC4 installation doesn't work

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Mon Aug 1 17:11:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 11:52 -0400, Juan wrote:
> Hi.
> I bought the CDs from Linux central and they tested OK.
> I have FC3 installed in this box and its installation was a breeze.
> Now when trying to install/upgrade to FC4 I go through the Anaconda
> process till the moment it should begin to ask for the language. At
> this point the screen turns totally white so I can't keep installing.

Have you tried a text mode install?

[When the cd first boots, type: linux text]

> Is there a way to overcome this? Has someone had this kind of problem
> and solved it?

I've had monitor/display problems with FC installs in the past, and this
works when the problem is really just a config issue with /etc/xorg.conf
of similar. My display problems all happened right away. Your different
to me in that the problem occurs so late in the install, but the white
screen sounded familiar.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Juan

HTH,