Supported 802.11g USB card (was Re: supported 802.11g pcmcia card + WPA support)

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Aug 2 00:07:46 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 30.07.2005 schrieb Sam Varshavchik um 18:03:

> That reminds me -- I wouldn't mind a pointer to an 802.11g USB card that's
> supported in FC3.  By "supported" I mean native kernel support.  I don't
> need to know about any proprietary drivers that can be hacked with something
> like ndiswrapper.  ndiswrapper with i386 drivers is not going to be much
> useful on an x86_64 system.

Hi Sam,

in the last days I watched out for something exactly that. I came over
the ZyDAS1211 chip which is in a handful of 54 MBit USB WLAN sticks.
There is a Linux kernel driver project at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zd1211/

which looks promising. Some models from different manufacturers listed
at:

http://warder.ath.cx:81/projects.php#zd1211

Today I ordered myself a "Fiberline WL-410U" for about 15 € (~13 US$).
Can hopefully soon report if you are interested - just do not have an
x86_64 system.

Alexander

Serendipity 01:59:55 up 17 days, 6:32, load average: 1.53, 1.54, 1.09