VNC problem (Resolved)

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Tue Aug 2 00:12:01 UTC 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 10:42 am, bruce wrote:
> john...
>
> what's the name of your server? as an exmaple, mine is lserver2. i have
> files, lserver2:1.pid, lserver2:2.pid, etc...
>
> can you find/see any similar files on your system?
>
> -bruce

Hi, Bruce, all...
I fixed it. I had a stuck SSHD session, not sure how. Apparently it was
holding port 5901 open somehow and wasn't letting me restart VNC on 5901. I
ssh-ed in and killed that session, and magically I was able to start VNC on
5901 again. *shrug* It shouldn't happen, but it did. Even rebooting didn't
fix it. Somehow the system "knew" that I still was using port 5901
already. :-)
	John