Mysterious error on Firefox startup

Brendan McEnaney mcenaney at speakeasy.net
Thu Aug 4 09:51:18 UTC 2005

Hello,

I wonder if anyone here can explain why I'm suddenly getting an annoying
error message every time I startup Firefox and also sometimes when
clicking on a link that opens a new window. It's a popup message that
says...

"Error Ripping Page TypeError: expathNode.firstChild has no properties"

This is in a popup 'Alert' widget with an 'OK' button which holds up the
process until I click 'OK', at which point the process continues
normally. It's not a show stopper; it's just _very_ annoying. This just
mysteriously started happening a couple of days ago. Other than 'yum
update', I hadn't installed anything new just prior to this making it's
debut. Thunderbird and Mozilla do not spawn this...just Firefox. I
haven't a clue. I'm hoping someone here may.

FWIW, a little system info:

Fedora Core 4
firefox-1.0.6-1.1.fc4
Gnome 2.10
kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4smp
some gdesklets plastered about the desktop
Skype is always running
NVidia proprietary 3D driver: 1.0-7667

Firefox extensions installed are:
Bandwidth Tester